There For The Taking…
NALF’s commercial program services are designed to maximize profit potential.
Limousin’s commercial program is designed to develop, identify and provide users of Limousin genetics with opportunities to market cattle as effectively as possible and to help improve the genetic base of the beef industry’s cowherds. The North American Limousin Foundation’s (NALF) goal in designing the commercial program is simply to maximize the profit potential for users of Limousin genetics.
NALF provides a number of services and options to explore when marketing Limousin-influenced cattle. Today’s rapidly changing marketing environment has created the need for producers to have more accurate information upon which to base decisions. NALF serves as a clearinghouse for producers to obtain the type of information necessary to capitalize on superior genetics.
Some of the services NALF offers are:
- Special Limousin Feeder Sales: NALF coordinates with auction barns and satellite video auctions across the country to host special Limousin feeder calf sales or sections of sales. Special sales create the combination of having buyers who are specifically searching for Limousin genetics and the pooling of significant numbers of Limousin calves. These sales expose cattle to a large number of targeted buyers.
- Feeder Fax listings: Regularly, NALF advertises semi-load lots of Limousin and Limousin-influenced cattle for sale in the country or on a given day at a particular auction. After developing the “showlist” of feeder cattle for sale, NALF then faxes and/or e-mails the list to numerous feedyards, order buyers and other interested industry people who are regularly looking for Limousin-influenced genetics. This same listing is placed on the NALF web page, www.nalf.org, under the commercial program tab. This free NALF service works to help merchandise Limousin-influenced calves whether they be through a local auction market or direct off the ranch.
Regardless of your method of sale, let NALF help you tell the world about your Limousin calves, contact us when you are ready to market your calves.
- Carcass Testing: NALF continues to coordinate feeding tests, as well as carcass-testing programs to help producers learn more about their cattle.
- Updated Performance Records: Every registered Limousin seedstock animal is backed by one of the most comprehensive genetic evaluation programs in the beef industry. Taking title to every seedstock purchase and assuring that every seedstock animal is transferred to you, at the seller’s expense, provides you with access to annually updated “performance records.” A performance record details the individual’s genetic Expected Progeny Difference (EPD) profile ranking in as many as 13 specific traits.
- NALF Commercial Newsletter: The Bottom Line commercial newsletter is an informative publication which keeps every producer up-to-date with the happenings in the beef industry and how they affect Limousin. NALF’s exclusive informative commercial program newsletter is made available to producers having requested the transfer of their Limousin bull.
The majority of services NALF offers are free of charge to commercial cattlemen. These programs are made available by Limousin breeders, because they are committed to their role of providing superior genetics for the commercial industry. The Limousin breed is committed to being a partner in helping you achieve the level of success you aspire in the beef industry.
For more information about these services and others, access the NALF web page atwww.nalf.org or call Benjie Lemon, Director of Commercial Industry Relations at the North American Limousin Foundation office, 303/220-1693 .